May 9, 2011

Baby Shower Invite

My cousin is having another child and I was asked to create an invite for her shower.

There are several cute ideas out there for onsies, just google for a onsie pattern and you'll see what I mean. :)

I actually tried several ideas, even created another card prior to this one. But with the amount of work that went into it, I decided that it would be better for me to use it as card to my cousin after the birth of her child. I decided to go with a basic pattern and came up with this!

You can find the tutorial for this at http://splitcoaststampers.com, but if you look at my card I bet you could figure out how its made without the tutorial. :)

This card is also a bit of a hybrid. The paper is from the Patterns Designer Series (Item #117158) in Pear Pizzazz. The first card I made, I didn't want the other side of the pattern so so through, so I used My Digital Studio to print out a sheet of the paper on our white cardstock.

These invites are to be mailed, so I didn't want to add any extra weight. Otherwise I'd have embellished it a little more with some brads at the bottomt to look like snaps, etc.

Thanks for letting me share!

No comments:

Post a Comment