Jun 7, 2013

New Products and the fun they can be

Its been a while, but I finally had some free time today to be creative. I decided to finish up a few cards I've been working on, but also wanted to try out a new product SU has just released. I had so much fun with it, that I didn't get around to finishing my cards!

What's this new product you ask? Its called Simply Pressed Clay (#130685). Its not new to the craft world, but its the first time I've become excited about it since I first saw it. I used it with our Buttons & Blossoms (#131272) molds.

Clay Flowers!

The clay itself comes in a silver resealable envelope which contains 2.4 ounces. I know that sounds like a small amount, but its deceiving. It only takes a tiny amount to make one flower.

In the image above, I decided to try different ways of coloring the flowers. Above is only two ways, but there are just so many other options out there and I'm continuing to play. I will share as I learn more.

For the flowers in taken with teal, I used a re-inker and kneaded just two drops of color onto a small amount of clay. Be sure to use gloves or a zip lock bag or else you'll end up with stained fingers. :) The other flowers were colored using the brush side of our SU markers. I would also recommend letting the clay sit for a few minutes so that it is easier to remove from the molds. The heat from your hands can cause it to stick to the mold. If you find you're having a problem removing the clay, try placing the mold in the freezer for about 5 minutes.

Thanks for stopping by! I'll share more ideas as I come across them!

No comments:

Post a Comment